{The List} General Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: StefanJ

You can send settlers beyond communication range but you lose control over them. They find a place to build a city, which goes completely on Governor. Maybe it can build settlers to establish more cities or maybe not. When communication range reaches them you regain control, at first at least. You need skill to keep them. You can send settlers beyond communication range on ships too. Maybe it's a big risk whether they survive the voyage, but there can be big rewards if they do and you can regain control.

Comment

Good day , Sirs !
      I want to say something about organization of general ideas. Really valuable general ideas should be systematized and linked from the front page of the site, so that newbie (like me) who has just joined the forum , would be able to find them and read them easily. I think that it is easier to read it in one page rather than reading whole forum.
      With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

Well, that's sort of the whole point with this list! A thread with links to all idea threads is stickied btw. Welcome though!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

One thing I keep thinking of is geared more for the editor than the game. I would like to have a summary screen in the editor that breaks down the vital stats for the map I am working on with info such as:

-type and number of each resource and luxury
          -number of civs and number of starting locations assigned
          -% of land to water or even better % of terrain type
          (15% desert, 30% grassland, etc)

Comment

Tailoring the Game

Be able to enter in the desired game length and have the game make suggestions for pregame options. The game can take into account game lengths and options for games you've previously played. It can also scale research and build times for you, and movement rates.

Have the game make suggestions during setup based on the options you've chosen so far, like which civs would be good rivals for the one you're playing as based on history and game characteristics. Let it make suggestions concerning number of civs and terrain.

Comment

Nikolai , thx for welcome !
              But I'm afraid you didn't get my idea. I mean to make separate html-file with all ideas written on top of this file. You can click on interested idea and you will be redirected to description of this idea. Like FAQ.
              With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

Ànd now some general ideas.

1.Inconstant population
                In all civs population is constant - one "head" - 10,000 , two heads - 30,000 , three heads - 60,000 . By the time 1st Civ was programmed , it was hard enough to make more or less real population growth ,and by this time this system was OK. But 15 years have past and nothing changed.
                I propose - population grows every turn on a % coeficien. (e.g. Growth coeficient=5% , city's population is 10000, so it will be 10500).
                Of course this turns over whole conception of Civ - there is a question - how the city would collect resources (if there wouldn't be "head" system)? how it would be possible to build a settler then ?
                With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

So, from here comes 2nd idea To make coutry and city population . As you know , until 19 century , for about 90% of all state's citizens were living in country. So , every mine or farmland would have a population. Settler , a unit of (for example) 1000 men would "settle" a farmland or mining or lumber mill (in forest). Then you will direct , to what city would this square of farm or mining transfer all resources.
                  Fish would be gained from fishing boats that would settle sea squares.
                  With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

Third idea is to make units produced from living men and weapon.For example , you want to make a musketeer batallion (600 men). So ,your city's population would be reduced by 600 ; you will lose 600 muskets and you must pay X money for their training. It would add some realism to game. No comments.
                    With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

Opps, I mentioned muskets ? But there is no such "resource" in standart Civ ! This is based on my 4th idea of making a production chain . From ore - gun (in weapon's foundry), from plutonium - nuke . Of course , some natural resources your state wouldn't be able to get , so you'll have to trade, and that would stimulate trade . No country can survive without trade - only colonial empires (because of their colonies) and the Soviet Union (because of unlimited resources and controlling half of earth) survived without trade.
                      With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

But how could be this trade's conception made in game ?
                        Every respected Diethy conqueror wages war with everyone. So you wouldn't be able to get resources ?
                        Well, the ansewer is based on my 5th advanced trade subjects idea.First , as I plan another idea of multi-state's system (100 or more) , all those states (big and small) would be trade subjects (those , who with you can trade). As well as ... traders ! There wouldn't be caravans and supply trucks anymore - there would be independent traders (well, how much they are "independent" depends from your government system).So , if you want to buy or sell some resource , you go to the Global Market , where all offers and demands are displayed (excluding those , who come to those countries, who you are in war with).
                        With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

I mentioned "independent traders " ? What is that ? How they are made ? Well, that explains my 6th population idea .In 2nd Civ there were professions , but human beings are not things so they choose profession by themselves. In 3rd Civ population was divided into nationalities.But this is not enough !
                          My idea is not to leave a cosmopolitan "head" system , but to personalize population by nationalities , religions , their professions etc. They would be personalized by the row of factors that would be inprinted in game and those, who are caused by your government type(like life niveau).Number of free trades (as well as some other specific professions) would be made depending of your state's living level and your government type.
                          With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

As our population is not a cosmopolitan robot-head , but is personalized , it has it's own demands. For example , to make it's own nationalist state or to make a democratical revolt against "cruel monarchy".Or to make a communist revolt in "capitalist empire". That is how my 7th political idea was born !
                            The idea is based on some sub-ideas :
                            1.Multistates idea.You start on a POPULATED world with 50-100 tribes.But you will choose only 7-8 main nations (like in "European Universalis"), who will actively develope.All others are just tribes whose business is only protect their home.
                            Every tribe has it's own special units , techs (CONNECTED to global tech tree) and buildings.
                            2.Demand system. As every society developes , it has some demands ,depending on a row of factors .In case you do not satisfy all their demands , some of them become unlucky (in case of X% of unluck , city revolt happens, in case of Y% of unluck, revolution happens).If you satisfyu them , than Patriots ("happy" citizens) occure (if you make from them units , they gain Veteran status , if they become traders , they trade in your interests).
                            3.Developed government system. You can choose between row of government types (fundametalism, commnunism , etc) , between administrative types (federalism of unitarism) , and you can write constitution.
                            Depending from your government type , you would have some rights (like resettlement under nazism and communism or jihad proclomation under fundametalism). To support your system and crash enemy's , PROPAGANDA is required.
                            NOTE ! For every tribe suits and doesn't suits some governments (e.g. 4 Europeans - Social-Democracy is good , for Russia - absolute monarcy or communism is good, for Arabs - fundametalism).
                            With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

The last thing I want to mention is city idea is based on two principal ideas :
                              1.multibuilding idea .You can build MANY churches , MANY factories, etc. For every building , a number of some specified type of your citizens is required (e.g. , "vice men" for shool , saints for church , workerd for foundry , etc.)
                              2.Tax system. Money you get is based on (TaxRate*LivingLevelOfTheCity*Population)/corruption level.

UFFFF....that is all in common. If you'll find some of those ideas good , I will tell you more about them.

P.S. where can I find list of some good ideas already mentioned on this forum ?
                              With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

TaLu: It's really nice that you have ideas, but try to keep them in one post, or else the mods might get mad at you...

Other than that, without me having time right now to read them all throughout, I agree with what I see.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X